Cool Wallpaper
Top Picture
Free Picture

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Recruiting News

Below, some recruiting news from around the Ivy League...

In terms of class of 2010 and 2011 recruiting, Cornell is reportedly hot on the recruiting trail of some true low post players that could develop into dominant forces in the Ivy League.

In other recruiting news, Northfield Mount Hermon School (Northfield, Mass.) coach, John Carroll reports via Twitter that Laurent Rivard, a 6'5" wing will visit Vermont on Wednesday, Holy Cross and Northeastern on Friday and Brown on Saturday. Cornell is reportedly interested in Rivard as well.

MinnesotaPreps.com provided updates on several Ivy League prospects. Brett Ervin, a 6'5" wing from Eden Prarie (Ryan Wittman's high school), told the site, "I have picked up so much more interest after this AAU season." He continued, "I know Northern Iowa, Drake, and Valpo are following me very close. Those schools are the ones I'm hoping will offer in the future. I know Eastern Kentucky and Hartford have a lot of interest now. I'm getting phone calls from new schools a couple times a week. I did receive a offer from the University of Mary. That's the only one right now and I don't have any planned visits yet because football starts the 17th of August so I'm going to have to find some time during this month or in the fall to take visits." Cornell previously expressed interest.

Aaron Anderson, a 5'10" point guard from Osseo previously reported he had interest from Penn, Princeton and Bucknell. He recently told MinnesotaPreps, "I have received offers from the University of North Dakota, Youngstown State University, Minnesota-Crookston and Concordia St. Paul. I like the fact that it's a nice balance between D-1 and D-2. I've taken one unofficial visit to Crookston but I'm going to take all my officials in September to all the schools."

Peter Crawford, a 6'4" guard from St. Margaret's High School in Benilde reported, "Schools following me the closest I would say are UMD [Duluth], U of Mary, UM-Crookston, Bemidji State, some other division two schools." Crawford previously had interest from Dartmouth and Yale.

Although he has offers from A-10 schools such as Rhode Island and Fordham, NEHoopsNews.com reports that 6'6" wing, Keegan Highland from South Portland, Maine is strongly considering Elon and Davidson. He has received widespread Ivy interest.

Jordan Jackson a 6'2" guard out of Como Park High School said, "I've been getting interest from Iowa State, Cal Poly, Cornell, North Dakota, South Dakota, Concordia-St. Paul, and St Cloud State. I haven't went on any visits yet but I plan on setting some up soon."

Below are some related recruiting links:

No comments:

Post a Comment