Cool Wallpaper
Top Picture
Free Picture

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Recruiting News

Below, some recruiting news from around the Ivy League.

New England Recruiting Report notes that Burlington, Vermont's Joe O'Shea, a 6'4" guard has narrowed his list to four schools. “I’m going to take officials to Brown, Princeton, and Yale next month,” O’Shea told us. “I’m also going to visit Vermont, but it’s so close I’m not sure if that will be an official or unofficial.” O'Shea is not considering any other programs at this time.

Tim Douglas, a quick 5'9" point guard from Mayfair High School in Lakewood, California has scholarship offers from Cal-Riverside and Lehigh. When asked about his recruitment by Scout.com, he responded, "Lehigh has been one of the heaviest." He continued, "Portland State, Northern Arizona recently and Cornell. Cal Poly said they will come see me in September and I'm also hearing from St. Mary's." Douglas said he doesn't have a favorite at the moment and remains open. When asked what he's looking for in a school, he said, "A good relationship with the coach and a place where I can contribute right away." He is also received attention from St. Mary's of California.

Minnehaha (Minnesota) Academy senior Taylor Hanson, a 6'6" 225 pound forward participated in the Yale Elite Camp this summer according to MinnesotaPreps.com. His 29 on the ACT and 4.0 GPA makes him somewhat attractive to Ivy schools. "At the Yale camp I was able to compete against other recruits and also players already committed to Yale. It showed me where I need to improve, but also that I can compete with them and that is the level I want to play at. I left the weekend knowing that I belong academically in the Ivy league and would be honored to be able to play basketball there also." When asked about his recruitment he said, "The schools that I have been talking to the most would be [Yale], Columbia, Connecticut College, NYU, Washington Lee University, Wheaton college, Stone Hill University, St. Olaf, Middlebury, and Lawrence. I am hoping that I am able to find a school that fits both my athletic ability and is a great academic institution." Hanson is also receiving recruitment in football from Princeton.

Below are some related recruiting links:

No comments:

Post a Comment