Cool Wallpaper
Top Picture
Free Picture

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Recruiting News: Penn Nabs Local Player

Below, some recruiting news from around the Ivy League...

NJHoops.com is reporting that 6'8" Cameron Gunter of Ridley HS in Pennsylvania committed to Penn last night. According to the site, Northeastern and Holy Cross were interested (as opposed to having offered). RecruitRecon.com reports that Gunter held an offer from D-II West Chester University.

TexasHoops.com spoke with Drew Parker, a 6'2" guard from LaPorte, Texas who is holding numerous mid major scholarship offers. "Texas State, Montana State, Cornell, UNC - Greensboro, UTSA [Texas-San Anotnio], Columbia, HBU [Houston Baptist], Lamar, Lehigh, the Naval Academy, and Air Force have offered," said Parker. "I am taking visits to UNC - Greensboro and Columbia. I will head to Texas State on an unofficial. I feel that I can take my official visits out of state to those school who want me to visit and take a few around Texas unofficially, because it's easy for me to get around the state without using up all of my official visits." He added, "I want a university that is complete and will provide me an opportunity to compete for a job once I graduate. As for basketball, I want a program that has a chance to make the NCAA tourney." Parker wants to study Business or Marketing.

Rod Odom Sr., father of the Middlesex School's (Mass.) 6'8" forward, Rod Odom, Jr. told AZCats.com after his son visited Arizona this weekend, "They presented the academic situation better than they ever could. They have a great honors program that Rod would qualify for, and they have a top business school honors program, which he qualifies for. If he did attend the university, he would enter honors in Eller Business. The bottom line is that if you go to the U of A, you can get a world class education, it's really just up to the individual." The Odoms are contemplating canceling their remaining college visits, which would include Harvard visit, a school he has already visited in prior months. Arizona is currently his leader and a commitment is expected to the national powerhouse Wildcats program.

Another top Harvard target, Josh Huestis, a 6'7" forward from Great Falls, Montana recently spoke with the CardinalReport.com. "I had it (in-home with Stanford) last Monday," Josh revealed. "It went really well. Coach Dawkins and Coach Davey came to my house. They sat down and showed a bunch of papers with facts about Stanford, which gave a lot of interesting facts. We just talked about the program, and where I am on their list, and how they think I could contribute. Then they came to my high school and watched me play. The visit was great. I haven't set up an official visit date yet, but I know I will be taking an official visit (Cardinal Report note: Huestis setup his official visit for October 15th)." He continued, "So far, I have taken an official visit to USC, and I just got back from an official visit to Harvard. I have a rough list of schools, and in no order whatsoever, it's Oregon St. Stanford, Harvard, and USC, along with Gonzaga and Georgetown."

Rivals.com reports that Tony Williams, a 6'3" guard from Rocklin, California is hearing from Columbia, Colgate, Lehigh, Air Force, UCSB, Long Beach St., Fullerton, Portland St., San Diego and Washington St.

Below are some related recruiting links:

No comments:

Post a Comment