Cool Wallpaper
Top Picture
Free Picture

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

News and Notes: Around the Ivy League, Gaines Talks About Leaving Penn

The Daily Pennsylvanian interviewed Harrison Gaines (No. 22 above defending Cornell's Louis Dale) about his decision to leave Penn and transfer elsewhere. Below is an excerpt of the interview:
DP: What specifically made you decide to transfer?

HG: A lot of things came to a head … I felt like Glen Miller wasn't the coach for me. That was basically what it came down to.

I have big time love for my teammates. I loved playing for Penn … but Glen Miller, I just didn't feel like he was the coach for me. That kind of started it.

***

DP: Was it tough having these thoughts in your head while you were playing?

HG: I just tried to focus on winning. That's the No. 1 goal for me as a player. Throughout the whole season, … I still kept my confidence, I still played in the gym … constantly working on my game. I knew that when an opportunity came I'd be ready to go. I just wanted to win an Ivy League title.

There were missed opportunities … we'd hear on the loudspeaker that Cornell was losing, and maybe we're a game and a half behind Cornell. But then we'd be losing. It was disappointing and frustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment